Colorado Weekend Road Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

145 S of Placerville, CO to Cortez, CO

Go down

145 S of Placerville, CO to Cortez, CO Empty 145 S of Placerville, CO to Cortez, CO

Post  Admin Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Where does it go:
Montrose County to San Miguel County to Dolores County to Montezuma County

Map: 145 S of Placerville to Cortez, CO

For the most part this road is nice till you get down out of the Mountains then it gets a little boring. There is gas in Placerville and gas in Cortez. Also Telluride is up along this road too, which has gas, and food and a small town feel to it. Expect to pay $$$ for gas, food, and lodging. Rustco an Itialian resturant in town was nice, and has over 500 bottle of wine, from $10 a glass to $4,800 a bottle. The wife and I both got Pasta she got the special at $29.99 and mine was $19.99. Very good food, but they are small portions and it is debatable whether it was worth the $$$$$. Also lodging is very expensive, expect to pay $200 for a normal room or $500 a night for the 1 Bedroom Suite. We stayed at "The Hotel Telluride". Also note that the town is on off-season which means very few shops are open for two months (April 6th to about May 22nd). however if you are just riding by I still recomend in stopping and checking it out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.cowrw.com

Back to top Go down