Colorado Weekend Road Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

717 ATV Trail - Northwest of Woodland Park, CO

Go down

717 ATV Trail - Northwest of Woodland Park, CO Empty 717 ATV Trail - Northwest of Woodland Park, CO

Post  Admin Mon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Where is It:
This trail can be accessed by many different trail heads. One way is by Painted Rocks Rd east of 67 which runs north out of Woodland Park. You then would park (if you trailered) and ride 357 south to 717A which you would then take west to 717. I advise you to buy a National Geographic TrailsMap at REI or from your local Motorsports dealer as most carry them. The Map you will need is #137 "Pikes Peak, Canon City"

Google Map (Tracks I recorded)

GPX File:
717 Loop

How Challenging:
I would rank this from a 2 to a 4 depending on the area.
Loose decomposing granite, steep sections, water crossings, mud, and tree roots. So a bit of everything.

My Take:
This can be a busy trail on the weekends, but there are tons of side trails to explore so if it is busy I advise you to get off the 717 loop and check them out. For more of a challenge try 717A which the trail head can be found off of county 25 just southwest of Woodland Park on US24 (there is a four way light there).

717:
717 ATV Trail - Northwest of Woodland Park, CO DSCF6248

355 & 717:
717 ATV Trail - Northwest of Woodland Park, CO DSCF6250
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.cowrw.com

Back to top Go down